Theses in our lab
We supervise any theses that fall into our research areas, which are here. Other topics are possible, if you can convince any postdoctoral scientist in our lab that the topic is scientifically interesting. A thesis in our lab works like that: We first agree about a topic. Then you will read some papers on the topic, and summarize in writing what you’ve learned. You will get feedback on your write-up and get the chance to revise your writ-up. This write-up, and some help by us, should enable you to design a cool experiment that addresses your research topic. This experiment will be presented to our lab. You will get feedback on the experiment and can start your thesis work, supervised by an experienced scientist. The write-up and presentation of the experiment is usually the ‘Forschungsspezialisierung’.
We also have a number of specific topics available:
1. [BSc, MSc] Do microbes affect the evolution of genitalia?
2. [BSc, MSc] Strategic sperm allocation in beetles
3. [BSc, MSc] Genitalia morphology in beetles
4. [BSc, MSc] Sperm – microbe interactions
5. [BSc, MSc] Lipids and sperm function
6. [BSc, MSc] Sexual selection and population density – topic taken
7. [BSc, MSc] Confocal microscopy of FAD fluorescence – topic taken
8. [BSc, MSc] Why and how do [bedbug] sperm cells aggregate?
9. [BSc, MSc] Sperm motility and male age
10. [BSc] In vitro culture of the copulatory organ of an insect